Information Knightscope Collects on the Service.
· Personally Identifiable Information Collected Via the Video Surveillance Service. When we provide video surveillance systems, the resulting video recordings may contain personally identifiable information which may be recorded on such video footage.
· “Cookies” Information. When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. Knightscope may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
· “Automatically Collected” Information. When you use the Service or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including standard log files, “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), UDID, or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or Services that you visit just before or just after the Service, the pages you view on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit the Service.
· Push Notifications and Usage Data. By using our Service you agree that we may send you push notifications through your cellphone or mobile device. Please be aware that you may be able to change your notification settings through the application’s settings panel or the settings menu on your mobile device. Standard data and text message rates may apply to any notifications. Please review your data and messaging plan to understand any additional charges and fees for which you may be responsible. By using our Platform you agree to let us collect information about your usage of the application via your mobile device.
· Location Sharing. We may collect and store your location data when you access our Service via a mobile device or computer. You may be required to allow Knightscope to access your location data in order for the Service to function properly.
The Ways Knightscope Uses Your Information.
This section explains how we plan on using your information submitted to us. Knightscope uses the information provided in or to develop, operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services we provide, including those found on the Service, now and in the future, including the following:
· We use the information that we collect on the Service to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of our services, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users, and to process and deliver entries and rewards in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to time on the Service.
· We use the surveillance videos, and any information contained therein, to provide security technologies to our clients for their usage.
· We use the information that we collect on the Service to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, feature, and functionality.
· We may use your email address or other information we collect on the Service (i) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service or (ii) to send communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under “Your Choices.”
· We may use “cookies” information and “automatically collected” information we collect on the Service to: (i) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Service and third-party marketing activities; (iv) monitor aggregate Service usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the Service.
· We work with third party service providers to provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process information about you as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
· We may disclose the surveillance videos, and any information contained therein, to our clients in the course of providing our security technology tools. This may include providing clients with raw footage of such videos, or providing them with additional information, such as data, time, or analytics with respect to such videos.
· We may disclose information about you if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
· We also reserve the right to disclose information about you that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
· Information about our users may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
· We may make certain aggregated, automatically-collected, or otherwise non-personal information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
Accessing, Editing, and Removing Your Information.
If you have submitted information to our Site you will be unable to edit that information. When using our Platform you may be able to access and edit your information via the Platform dashboard. However, you will be unable to opt out of any of our data collection practices via the Service. If at any time, you have any questions or wish to review, change, or delete any of your information collected by us, or if you would like us to permanently remove any accessible copies of your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so. After you have cancelled your account please be aware that we may keep inaccessible copies of your information for a commercially reasonable period of time.
If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email from us by sending your request to us by email at email@example.com or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy. We may allow you to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us in user account functionality on the Service.
Please be aware that if you opt out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may continue receiving promotional communications from us during that period. Additionally, even after you opt out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
We make reasonable attempts to protect your information by using physical and electronic designed to improve the security and integrate of the information we maintain. For these reasons Knightscope employs SSL certificates and vulnerability scanning. However, as our Service is hosted electronically we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information. For this reason, we recommend that you use anti-virus software, routine credit checks, firewalls, and other precautions to protect yourself from security and privacy threats.
Your California Privacy Rights
We intend to fully comply with American and international laws respecting children’s privacy. Therefore, we do not collect or process any information for any persons under the age of 18. If you are under 18 please do not access our Services.
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Changes and Updates.
Last updated 23 October 2017